Prince George Cougars Society
About the Prince George Cougars Society
The 50/50 prize from Saturday, January 12, 2019 WAS NOT claimed.
There will now be a BONUS 50/50 DRAW at the Cougars’ game on Friday February 15, 2019
- 1st draw will be for ½ the regular pot as per usual for the game on Friday, Feb. 15th.
- 2nd draw will be the bonus draw. Winner will receive $3,704
All 5050 tickets purchased on Feb. 15th are eligible for both draws
50/50 DRAW HOUSE RULES
- Ticket prices are 1 ticket for $2, 3 tickets for $5, 10 tickets for $10, or 30 tickets for $20, and are available at the designated 50/50 kiosks or from sellers with hand-held devices in the stands or on the concourse, within the building only, and are non-refundable. No one under 19 can purchase a ticket. Members of the society who are responsible for the conduct and management of the raffle, as well as those selling the tickets, are not eligible to purchase tickets. Cash or bank drafts/money orders only. Under special circumstances, cheques may be approved by the board on a one-off basis.
- Ticket sales occur on approved event days from the start time of the event. Ticket sales close at the end of the second intermission.
- Winning ticket is identified through the approved Random Number Generator system, on the approved operating system. The 50/50 technician produces the number with at least one authorized PG Cougars Society Board Member monitoring the process.
- There is at least one authorized person at all times, in the secured 50/50 room where the computer system is housed
- The draw takes place at or before the 10 minute mark of the third period.
- The winning ticket number is announced on the PA system as soon as possible at or before the 10 minute mark of the third period, and is shown on the video screen located over the ice.
- The winner can present their ticket at the 50/50 kiosk located in section E/EF/F in order to claim their prize. If the prize is not claimed by the end of the game, the winning ticket number will be immediately displayed on the PG Cougars Society web page, and the PA Announcer will regularly provide information about this web page. The Cougars will also promote the web page via various advertising methods. (Traditional news media, social media, flyers, signage, etc.) The prize winner will have 3 full calendar weeks (21 days) commencing on the day after the game, to contact the Cougars office to claim their prize. If no winner comes forward, the prize will be designated “unclaimed”, and that unclaimed prize will be awarded as a bonus draw at a subsequent licensed Cougars home game.
- The winner is required to sign a form which has been completed and also signed by a 50/50 worker and a member of the Society.One authorized member of the society and one other authorized person witness the winning ticket claim and sign off the claim sheet. The winner is given a receipt for the prize amount, and the winner will be given a cheque.
- If, in the instance of a system failure, the same number were to appear on two tickets, both would be honored, and the whole prize amount awarded to both.
- If, for any reason, technical problems result in a situation that is not able to be rectified in a timely manner in order to carry out a draw, the manager of the 50/50 event and a board member will apply the appropriate scenario as follows:
- If technical problems cause the system to be disabled prior to the start of an event (and prior to sales taking place), the manager of 50/50 event and a board member will cancel the 50/50 event.Announcements will clearly made to inform customers
- If technical problems cause the system to be disabled after the start of an event, sales for the event will be suspended.Confirmation will be made that all sold tickets are correctly in the system; or;
- If it cannot be confirmed that the sold tickets are correctly in the system, at the boards discretion, one of the following will occur:
- A substitute draw will occur as soon as possible, within 5 business days of the event. Appropriate announcements will be made to direct ticket buyers to the PG Cougars website, social media, and general media for specific information including draw date, time, location, and winning ticket numbers. In this case, winners will have 15 business days from the draw to claim their winning ticket; or;
- An announcement will be made to all in attendance that the draw is cancelled and they can get refunds for purchased tickets from the various points of sale in the arena.
- Complaints may be addressed to the Cougar office staff, and will be passed on to the appropriate 50/50 Society board member.
The Prince George Cougars Society is the ‘charity arm’ of the Prince George Cougars, and over the past two-plus seasons we have committed over hundreds of thousands of dollars towards local hockey groups and community organizations. Keep checking back here for the latest information on the Prince George Cougars Society and our big plans for the 2018-19 season!
Cariboo Cougars Major Midget Hockey Club and Telus Cup Committee
The Prince George Cougars Society presented two separate cheques to a pair of worthy hockey recipients. Prince George Cougars Society President Ken Sands along with Prince George Cougars Vice President – Business Andy Beesley presented a $40,000 cheque to the Cariboo Cougars and a $20,000 cheque to the 2017 Telus Cup.
The Cariboo Cougars and the Prince George Cougars continued their longstanding and successful partnership during the 2016-17. Once again Cariboo Cougars staff, parents and supporters volunteered their time to sell 50/50 tickets during all Prince George Cougars pre-season, regular season and playoff games. The 50/50 jackpots reached unprecedented heights, due in large part to the three Mega Jackpot 50/50 nights that the Cougars hosted during the season.
“We are so thankful for our continued partnership with the 2017 BC Major Midget League champs, the Cariboo Cougars,” said Cougars VP of Business, Andy Beesley. “Year after year, the Cariboo Cougars have worked very hard both on and off the ice to establish themselves as THE model franchise in Major Midget Hockey and it’s only fitting that we donate some proceeds from our 50/50 draws to help further ensure their success in the seasons to come.”
Additionally, the Cougars have donated $20,000 towards the 2017 Telus Cup which begins on Monday in Prince George with the Cariboo Cougars serving as the host team. Beesley is on the 2017 Telus Cup committee and has worked feverishly over the past several years to help bring the event the Prince George.
2016/2017 Volunteer Organizations
During the 2016/2017 season the Prince George Cougars collaborated with seven different organizations throughout Prince George. Those organizations provided the Cougars with our volunteer force for thirty-six regular season games and through the playoffs.
We would like to offer our most sincere thank you to the following groups: Rotary Club of Prince George, Salvation Army, United Way of Northern BC, Immaculate Conception School, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Prince George, Canadian Cancer Society and the BC SPCA North Cariboo District Branch.
Our game nights would not run as smoothly without the help of the hundreds of gracious people who took time out of their busy lives to help out our organization on countless occasions!